Monday, July 24, 2006

Older Woman

In highschool it was a joke that only middle aged women ever found me attractive. This was fairly amusing, although admittedly more so for others then for me because I was alway worried that it was true. At work I wait on many older woman. Most of the time it goes by unworthy of note however tonight one older lady who perhaps had had to much to drink apparently had something to say on the matter.

"Mike," (she leaned closer and I as a matter of formality did the same)

"Mike, has anyone ever told you that you look like Mel Gibson? I mean your voice and your facial expressions too."

I was completely surprized by this turn of events. I had been hit on by a beer drinking 60 to 70 year old with one of those old lady perms.

She left me a really good tip....

4 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

should I be worried?

July 25, 2006 at 5:18 PM  
Blogger Doug said...

Yes, Elizabeth, you should be worried...the part Mike didn't tell you about high school...his high class affairs with martini drinking, diamond wearing, sixty year old women. He used to take long trips - they were a mystery for a long time. He would come back smelling like highballs and old perfume. Then I found his secret collection of photos. There he was in Central Park, wearing a three piece suit, holding a poodle and smiling a smile that has seduced dozens of AARP members. In another he was out on the swing dance floor, spinning a wheelchair-ridden women in circles.
Mike, you sandbaggin' son-of-a-bitch. Those were good days for you. And now you've stepped back into your own generation. Just give it fifty years and you'll be right at home again.

July 29, 2006 at 5:02 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

...if I ever saw Mike holding a poodle

August 2, 2006 at 8:21 PM  
Blogger Doug said...

I have.

August 3, 2006 at 2:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home